Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Friends

I had two best friends in years before going to kindergarten, Terry and PJ.  Terry lived across the street from me and taught me the ways of the world.  I learned the four major cusswords from Terry, ate some of the carmel cremes he stole from the store, smoked candy cigarettes with him on a daily basis and even vandalized  my next door neighbors house with him. (more on that another time)

PJ was my "good" friend.  He didn't teach me bad things or get me into trouble for doing things that we shouldn't.  We hung out in his house a lot and he was always excited to see me.  PJ was a lot older than I was but it wasn't weird that he liked hanging out with me so much.  We liked to wrestle in the yard and run all over the neighborhood.  PJ was our family dog.  He was a beagle and my favorite pet of all time.  He was more than just the family pet to me, he was my best friend.

Katie and I have been talking about getting a dog of our own.  I know I know, it seems a very cliche thing to do.  You get married and then 6 months or a year later you get a dog.  The plan is to get the dog in the fall when things from the summer settle down.  Because of our experiences with Tyra, John Coffee and Miley we are going to get a lab.  I will be sure and post more about it and include some pictures when we get Brutus (Shhh don't tell Katie I have already named the dog)

1 comment:

Going Weston said...

You're the best. I'm glad you're back on. I need more Char-com.